Gapped, crooked, and otherwise misaligned teeth can take a serious toll on your self-esteem. However, the 12+ month treatment timeline might make you hesitate to move forward with braces. If that’s the case for you, then you’ll be happy to know that you may be a candidate for another smile-enhancing treatment: veneers. To learn why veneers are called “instant orthodontics,” as well as the benefits they come with and how to care for them, keep reading!
This Is Why Veneers Are Called “Instant Orthodontics”
As mentioned above, braces can often take well over a year to deliver the results you desire. Veneers, on the other hand, can be completed in as little as two visits. In addition to improving the shape, size, and shade of your teeth, veneers can correct minor misalignment. Simply put, if you’re unhappy with your smile due to small gaps and crowding, there’s a good chance you can transform your smile in a matter of weeks, not years.
4 Incredible Benefits of Veneers
The short treatment timeline is certainly reason enough to consider veneers. However, that isn’t the only benefit they offer patients. Here are a few more:
• Versatility – Veneers can fix one tooth or several teeth. Plus, they can address several dental imperfections at once, including discoloration, chips, and misalignment.
• Customization – Each veneer is 100% personalized to the patient’s specific dental needs and smile goals, ensuring they look perfectly natural.
• No dietary restrictions – With braces, you have to abide by a list of dietary restrictions. With veneers, you can eat whatever you’d like – materials like porcelain are stain-resistant!
• Low maintenance – The good news is that you won’t have to worry about any complicated oral hygiene best practices with veneers. Simply care for them the way you would your natural teeth!
• Long-lasting – Veneers can last for well over a decade with proper care!
How to Care for Your Veneers
Even if veneers don’t require a big investment of your time, you naturally want them to last as long as possible. Fortunately, that’s relatively easy! To prolong their lifespan, make sure to:
• Get a dental checkup and cleaning every six months
• Brush your teeth twice a day
• Floss and rinse with mouthwash each morning or evening
• Use a straw when drinking dark-colored beverages, like coffee
• Exercise caution when eating hard, crunchy, and chewy foods
• Avoid unhealthy dental habits, like nail-biting and smoking
Now you know why veneers are called “instant orthodontics!” To learn if you’re a candidate for this popular cosmetic dental solution, get in touch with your dentist today.
About the Practice
With four talented dentists leading the way, our team at West Brookfield Dental can help patients of all ages get the gorgeous, healthy smiles they desire. In fact, our cosmetic dental services range from teeth whitening and metal-free fillings to veneers and Lumineers®! If you want to learn more about your treatment options or you’d like to schedule a consultation with our team, then visit our website or call (508) 867-2777.