Root Canal Therapy – West Brookfield, MA
The Tried-and-True Tooth-Saving Treatment
A badly decayed tooth can take a serious toll on your bite. In fact, a painful toothache can even make it hard to concentrate at work or fall asleep at night! The good news is that dental damage like this can be addressed with root canal therapy in West Brookfield. This tried-and-true tooth-saving treatment can remove the infected portions of your tooth while preserving as much of the natural structure as possible. To learn more about this emergency dental service, get in touch with our team or read on!
Why Choose West Brookfield Dental for Root Canal Therapy?
Do I Need Root Canal Therapy?
Of course, not every toothache needs root canal therapy to address. In more minor cases of decay, a filling or dental crown may be all that’s needed to restore your smile and bite. More severe cases are generally accompanied by:
- Severe dental pain that’s lasted more than a day
- Sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
- Discomfort when you bite down
- Inflamed, red, or irritated gums
- A pimple-like bump on the soft tissue near the painful tooth
If these symptoms (or any other unusual symptoms) arise, then call our West Brookfield emergency dentist right away. From there, one of our knowledgeable team members can learn more about your situation and schedule an appointment for you to come in for treatment as soon as possible.
The Root Canal Process
Although many patients are nervous or fearful when they find out they need root canal therapy in West Brookfield, it’s actually good news: it means your tooth can be saved! The first step in the process of saving your tooth is numbing it entirely. That way, you’ll be completely numb throughout your time in the treatment chair. Once you’re comfortable, we’ll begin treatment.
After creating a small hole in your enamel, we will remove all of the infected and diseased tissue. Next, the tooth will be cleaned and sanitized to ensure it’s free of bacteria. Then, we will use a biocompatible material to fill the tooth and top it with a custom-made dental crown. At this point, you’ll have a new and improved smile!
The Benefits of Getting a Root Canal
Root canal therapy in West Brookfield offers several benefits, including the following:
• Tooth preservation – The goal first and foremost is always to save your natural teeth. With root canal therapy, our skilled dentists can preserve as much of the natural tooth structure as possible while removing the damaged tissue.
• Prevent further damage to your oral health – If left alone to progress, the infection can burrow deeper and deeper, eventually requiring a tooth extraction. Not only does this take a significant toll on your oral health, but it’s a more costly treatment as well.
• Virtually painless – The reputation is far worse than the procedure. In fact, many patients find getting a root canal to be no more cumbersome than a standard filling.