Porcelain Veneers West Brookfield, MA
Covering Up Cracks and Discoloration
Sometimes you’ll want to make multiple changes to your teeth, whether it’s to repair any existing damage or just to improve the color. With porcelain veneers, our dentist can address several cosmetic issues at once, leaving you with a much more dazzling, natural-looking smile. If you’re tired of cringing every time you see yourself in a photograph, schedule an appointment today to ask about porcelain veneers in West Brookfield.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are wafer-thin covers that are bonded to the front of your tooth, completely covering it and effectively changing its color, shape, size and/or length. The shells can be made out of a resin composite (the same type of tooth-colored material that’s often used for fillings), but a cosmetic dentist in West Brookfield will usually prefer porcelain because the way it reflects light is similar to the properties of natural teeth. Also, porcelain tends to be more durable and stain-resistant than composite resin, allowing you to enjoy the effects of the treatment for a longer period of time.
Who’s a Good Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
- Minor chips and cracks that are eye-catching but aren’t a threat to the tooth’s stability
- Discoloration that normal teeth whitening can’t fix
- Irregularly shaped teeth
- Small gaps
- Disproportionately short teeth
To get veneers, you need to already practice good oral hygiene and have an overall healthy mouth; tooth decay, gum disease and plaque buildup will all need to be treated before you can move forward with the process. Also, the teeth in question need to have enough enamel for the veneers to bond to.
During an initial appointment to plan the treatment, our dentist will ask what you’re trying to achieve and discuss the procedure in more detail with you. He’ll examine your mouth and may take X-rays to confirm that you’re a good candidate.
Once it’s been decided to move forward, a small amount of enamel will be removed, and impressions will be taken. The impressions are sent to a dental lab where the actual veneers are made, which can take two to four weeks.
Once the veneers are ready, you’ll come back to the office for another appointment. Our dentist will clean and polish your tooth before placing the veneers. They will be held in place with a cement that’s activated with a special curing light. After any necessary adjustments are made, you’ll have a new and improved smile to show off!
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Long-Lasting: Thanks to their durability, porcelain veneers can last for up to 15 years. You’ll have to practice good maintenance, but this is as simple as taking care of your natural teeth (brushing twice a day, seeing the dentist regularly and so on).
- Boosted Confidence: When you no longer have to worry about the small imperfections on your teeth being visible, it can be a lot easier to smile and laugh in public.
- Custom-Made: The shade of your porcelain veneers will be matched to the rest of your natural teeth, so they won’t stand out; other people won’t be able to tell you’ve had dental work done!
If you’re interested in upgrading your smile with veneers, you may be wondering how much they cost. While there is no one-size-fits-all answer, there are certainly a few things to consider as a prospective patient. Read on to learn about the price of veneers, how they stack up to other smile-enhancing treatments and ways to make the cost more affordable!
Veneers are a sought-after cosmetic dental treatment, but there are other options. Here’s how the cost of veneers in West Brookfield compares to other popular smile-enhancing services:
- Braces – This tried-and-true teeth-straightening treatment can address everything from minor crowding to severely gapped teeth. Typically, the price tag is $3,000-8,000, which depends entirely on your dental needs. Unfortunately, this only addresses the position of your teeth, not the shade and shape.
- Teeth Whitening – Professional teeth whitening treatments are safe, customized and effective. On average, in-office treatments cost $500-700, and at-home kits generally run $300-400. While both in-office and take-home options can blast away stubborn stains, the position and shape of your teeth will remain the same. As a result, you will need to factor in the cost of additional cosmetic dental services if you have misaligned, chipped or otherwise flawed teeth.
- Dental Bonding – Dental bonding has a lower upfront cost ($300-600 per tooth) and can correct minor gaps between teeth, unsightly chips, pigmented discoloration and more. It is important to remember, however, that the results typically only last for a few years. Therefore, the long-term cost is higher than you might think.
- Veneers – Veneers are incredibly unique since they can address a multitude of cosmetic dental flaws, are completely customizable and can last for decades with proper care. In short, while the upfront cost (generally $1,000-2,000 per tooth) may be higher, the tremendous benefits make them well worth it. Plus, there are ways to ensure the total amount is more affordable.
Veneers typically aren’t covered by dental insurance providers. Our cosmetic dentist has the option to make achieving your smile goals more feasible. We offer financing through LendingPoint. Divide your dental expenses into smaller payments to reduce your stress about moving forward with the procedure.
Contact our team for a cosmetic consultation to learn more about veneers and payment details.
Even after reading through an overview of the procedure and the noteworthy benefits of veneers in West Brookfield, you may have some lingering questions on your mind. That’s okay! Our team wants you to feel as informed as possible heading into your smile transformation, which is why we’ve taken the time to answer a few of the most frequently asked questions right here.